What is "Made in New Zealand"?
"Made in New Zealand" refers to the production and manufacturing of products in New Zealand. Made in New Zealand includes not only the manufacturing of the product, but also the design, research and development, and brand management of the product, all of which are done in New Zealand.
What is the quality of products made in New Zealand?
Although it is not as famous as "Made in China", "Made in New Zealand" is a label of high quality, innovation, environmental protection and sustainability.
In New Zealand, there are many companies and factories that focus on designing, manufacturing and producing high quality products. These companies and factories usually follow strict production standards and quality control processes to ensure the quality and reliability of their products. In addition, New Zealand's manufacturing industry is also very environmentally conscious and sustainable, with many companies using renewable resources and low carbon emission production processes to minimize their impact on the environment.
This is possible thanks to New Zealand's strict regulatory system. A three-tier quality control system consisting of the New Zealand Industrial Products Association (NZMIA), New Zealand Quality Assurance (NZQA), and the New Zealand Confederation of Commerce, Industry and Employers (BusinessNZ) keeps producers and products under high standards of supervision.
What are the products made in New Zealand?
Although New Zealand is small in size, she has taken full advantage of her strengths to produce products that are world-renowned, mainly in the following categories:
- Food and beverages: New Zealand is world-renowned for its unique natural environment and agricultural industry, which produces very popular milk and dairy products, meat, seafood, wine, beer, coffee, etc.
- Textiles and clothing: mainly include woolen fabrics, woolen products, cotton products, outdoor equipment, etc.
- Furniture and home furnishings: mainly include tables, chairs, beds, sofas, lamps, decorative items, etc.
- Health and beauty products: New Zealand-made health and beauty products are popular among consumers for their natural ingredients and high quality, including health care products, beauty and skin care products, body care products, etc.
- Machinery, equipment and industrial products: These mainly include agricultural machinery, manufacturing equipment, robotics, electrical equipment, etc.
Are New Zealand-made products reasonably priced and are they more expensive compared to other similar products?
The price of products made in New Zealand varies depending on factors such as product category, brand and quality.
Generally speaking, products made in New Zealand may be slightly more expensive than similar products from other countries in terms of price. This is because the manufacturing industry in New Zealand usually invests more in the quality and sustainability of their products. In addition, New Zealand's wage levels and cost of living are relatively high, and these can have an impact on costs.
Nevertheless, some New Zealand-made products are still relatively reasonably priced. For example, New Zealand food products such as dairy, meat and seafood are competitively priced in international markets and are favored by consumers because of their cost effectiveness.
What are some of the leading brands that carry the "Made in New Zealand" label?
- Lowrey Food: Lowrey Food is a local New Zealand bakery brand that uses the highest quality ingredients to make cookies, breads and pastries, including butter cookies, shortbreads and nougat, which are popular with customers in Australia, the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Aotea: Aotea is a New Zealand-based herbal brand offering natural and organic herbal products, including herbal teas, essential oils, herbal pills and skin care products.
- Icebreaker: Icebreaker is a New Zealand-based outdoor clothing brand whose products are made from premium New Zealand wool and are suitable for a variety of outdoor activities.
- Trilogy: Trilogy is a New Zealand-based beauty brand with products made from all natural ingredients, covering skincare, body care, mother and baby products.
- Ecostore: Ecostore is a New Zealand-based eco-friendly cleaning product brand that uses plant-based ingredients and renewable resources to produce eco-friendly and healthy cleaning products.